The movers did arrive on Friday morning. My car arrived on Thursday night. Seems every piece of furniture has some sort of small ding in it. Not sure what that is about. Somehow though, my old bench made it through ok. whew!
Still figuring out how it will all fit...
RJB has successfully gotten my southern bottom to the gym three times already. Unlike D-town, the gym has normal people in it. I have yet to spy a boob job, fake tan, bleached blonde hair, or dudes that have eyes for only their own reflection. Not saying these people aren't here, but I haven't seen them in the gym. Yet. Why does this matter? Because Little JMP is generally paranoid workout after workout that she will fly off the back of the treadmill. Somehow it would be a lot less embarrassing around normal people than The Beautiful People. But I digress (again). Today I was solid for the 40 min TM run. Solid like circa February, 2008 before Mr. IT Band punked me. That being said, RJB noted that we can sign up for the Turkey Trot. 8K. Lincoln Park. My first Chicago race (though yours truly will not be racing per se). Hopefully it won't be snowing. Or below 30 degrees.
Tomorrow is my first day working with the big boys in Chicago. Already seen my client list to date and am pleased by the challenge. Nervous? Yes. Excited? Kinda. Ready to join the Chicago workforce? I suppose. It will make me official to be on Chicago payroll. Oh the joys of being back in a state with personal income tax! Anywho, hopefully I won't do anything massively asinine on Day One. Best save that for Day Forty when they least expect it.
2 comments:
Hope you have a good first day!
Your thoughts on the gym are exactly how I felt when I was in DC, just normal people!
just remember when riding the bus, there is always one weirdo on it. If you can't pick that person out then that weirdo is you....
Your new place looks great. Welcome back to work.
Post a Comment