Monday, November 10, 2008

Did I mention the bisque?

My first week as an Illinois taxpayer ended with a bang as I entered a new decade of this wonderful life. RJB took me to Roy's (mmm....butterfish...mmm...chocolate souffle). Indeed. Of course I got love and attention from my people. :)

Last week also brought a rather abrupt, violent end to my warm weather bliss. Cold. Rain. Wind. Flurries. Darkish by 4pm.  What is a southern girl to do? Shiver and continue to be stupidly surprised, apparently. RJB calls it 'crisp'.  I call anything under 40 degrees 'stay-inside-bundle-up-eat-stew-and-do-nothing' weather. Or something like that.  However I do enjoy the seasons. Yes, I am an seasonal flake.

I think the transition/move is still a bit surreal for me. This could possibly be because I feel like a temporary employee at work (I am so not in the know, which is good but bad in some ways). RJB and I have a weekday routine fairly set.  Just something about it seems apart from reality; just call me Alice.

Well, time to be amused by the Cheshire Cat...

No comments: