Saturday, October 25, 2008

Are you there God, It's me Margaret.

In public accounting, the rule is to return a call or at least contact a client within 24 hours of an inquiry. But you don't really hassle or rough up your clients if they do not immediately return your call. Apparently with the moving business, when they call during mass chaos (be it you are dealing with other peeps's tantrums, saying goodbye to your best folks over a brew or hey, having packers touch on all your stuff at the ass crack of dawn on a Saturday) an 8 hour turn around return call in unacceptable. I have been called out twice. Dude. I am a bit busy, and no, I cannot sleep on my hardwood floors for a night because its more convenient for you to pack a day earlier than my reserved load day. Snap.

This little project is coming together. I have my bathroom and bedroom left to pack. Little does RJB know, but he's building some wardrobe boxes tomorrow morning. And clearing my car of personal items. And running it through the drive through wash. Good man. 

Ok, so here's the quick meager stats:

Boxes packed in total: 46
Boxes Sylvester has gnawed on: possibly 3, plus a suitcase. This is why he is 15lbs.
Missed calls from movers: 4
Grouch scale: 0 (shocking but I've had wine)
Hours napping today: 3ish
Cost of 2 tickets to Hong Kong for July, 2009: 5,700.

Off to watch my Fightin' Irish take it to 5-2. 

Mmmm...suitcase


Holy boxes Batman!



Mmmm....boxes


My D-town crib


No comments: