It's been quite a long time since I blogged. I started to consider giving it up because (1) I haven't posted in about 7 months, and (2) I don't think many people read it. However, in the last few weeks, I have had two loved ones comment on the lack of posts....so here we go.
I'm sure you think that the last 7 months of a 30-something, somewhat newly married, childless lass in Chicago has had all sorts of interesting adventures. Well. I'm not quite so sure about that. Here's the brief history and I'll blog separately on the more interesting events.
- Bought a Kindle. This will be a blog post unto itself since I am Grade-A nerdy about my reading.
- Completed my associate course with Junior League Chicago (what, JMB in Junior League?! I have successfully stayed away from the sorority pep rally so far...)
- Celebrated RJB's and my second wedding anniversary.
- Went to Boston
- Went to Dallas
- Parents came to Chicago
- Went to FdL
- Rediscovered Luna Pinot Grigio, the one that started my love of PG.
- Dad had good a Q1 and Q2 for test results.
- RJB and I finally got a grill.
- Ran into the garage and put a dent in the passenger door. I'll have to photograph how tight this space is...
- "Celebrated" my 9 year anniversary at GT.
- Revived my love of HBO Sundays with Game of Thrones
- Joined the professional board of PAWS Chicago. Also fell in love with Thomas, a beautiful cat. He was finally adopted. Bittersweet in the B household.
- Ran the slowest 5K ever (heat + humidity+ lack of running), however it was my first 'race' without headphones and the first 'race' that I was not nervous about and actually enjoyed.
- Got promoted.
So there's the flyby of my last 7 months. And here I go back on the trolley.....
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What an adventurous life you lead!!
Congrats on promotion.
Don't forget you can polish the scratch on the car and it may clear up well. Then a separate wax to the area.
How is the right rear tire??
dad
So excited for your promotion! Congrats! Can't wait for what you have to come...it sounds like you've acquired plenty of fodder. I'd love to hear about what you're reading these days, too. I'm late to the game on Memory Keeper's Daughter, but I'm loving it!
Take care,
Michelle
Ha. "Celebrated" is right.
I want to hear some spoiler free thoughts on Game of Thrones... I want to see it. Also, Kindle thoughts... I want one... but would I use it?
Post a Comment