Boston sounded like a good option since RJB had never been and the one time I went, it rained quite a bit. Well. I am convinced that it is always raining in Boston, no matter the time of year. What gives?! The other thing is that it was kinda cold - upper-50s. What gives again?!
This trip was also opening day for the dreaded Big Five (I'll let sad PA jokes lie). So what is the Big Five? Well, its the 5 lbs that have tailgated me ever since May and refuse to go away. Mind you, it was delightful to put on the Big Five: crab cakes, lobster casserole (mmm...buttery), 5 course Italian dinner at Bricco (which I enjoyed more than RJB...but I think I enjoyed it enough to cover the table next to us too!), lobster with homemade pasta, whoopie pies, wine wine and more wine....I think I am missing a dinner but you get the point. That said, be kind about the Big Five you see tailgating in the photos.
Love Kimpton Intouch
Apparently Harvard boys had to pump their own water
So MIT not so interesting. But this building is kinda cool.
Paul Revere's House
Check out the narrow sidewalks!
Captain of Industry!
Bunker Hill
A close observer may notice two things from this series of photos: (1) there are no shots of us as a couple. RJB seems to think that asking someone to take our picture is inconveniencing people. He will need to get over this once we are in China. (2) The red umbrella is with RJB in all the photos. Yes, it rained just about every day. But this goes further than mere rain protection; the red umbrella became an extension of RJB. Turns out, it is a great way to gesture to points of interest, makes a statement when giving directions, and is jaunty when using it as a walking stick. In fact, someone in the train station stopped RJB for directions. With a quick point of the red umbrella, the lost fellow was found. However fortunately for me, RJB has not investigated buying a walking stick. Yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment