We also saw the exhibits In the Vernacular and Modern in America: Works on Paper. At the end of the month, there will be an exhibit of William Eggleston's work and I cannot wait!!!! I may drag RJB to the member's preview as a free date night. And I discovered Eggleston will be at the museum on the 27th to sign books. Eek!!! I am totally going to walk down there (from the office which will by my second home at that time) to wait in line early.
For Christmas, my folks got me a book about the history of the Chicago Loop. The original stock exchange entrance was in it, and I learned that ARTIC had it on display. We discovered it today at the Columbus St. end of the Museum.
I like how this photo has the old stock exchange entrance from the late
1800s, highrises from c. 1920, and the overhang of the Modern Wing,
c. 2009.
1800s, highrises from c. 1920, and the overhang of the Modern Wing,
c. 2009.
Detail from the photo above.
Outside the Modern Wing's Nichols Bridgeway.
Looking north into Millennium Park
(you can see the Bean!)
Looking North along Michigan Ave
Looking down the bridgeway towards Millennium Park
Looking south towards Michigan Ave (ARTIC in the foreground)
Looking south at the buildings lining Michigan Ave
Rothko Untitled, 1953-54
No comments:
Post a Comment