Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gotta put the diamonds on that brownie

This is a completely random post that will add absolutely no value to your life....you have been warned.

Ode to the brownie
Oh! Luscious brownie!
You taunt me with your gooey goodness!
I try to diet and I run to melt away those fatty pounds.
Yet you sit on the counter, so innocent, longing to be eaten.
Yay! I am a slave to the sugary goodness you promise.
And you are eaten.


Ok, back to planet Earth...
I am generally not a sweets person (not sure how this came about since I am the offspring of chocola-holics), rather I love the salt and crunch. Give me the chips, pretzels, nuts - I can go to town. In fact my body embraces the salty crunch so much that my mouth is apparently a crunch amplifier, per my husband ("...there she goes crunching again...."). However. Yes, however, I am a brownie fiend. I made brownies yesterday and I, for the first time, am giving RJB a run for his money in the sweets race. I can't control myself. The brownies are sweet, soft, and gooey.

Like I said, a no value-add post. But if you see me soon and I look like I have a few more lbs of sass, you know why.

Also, as an FYI, it is finally getting into the 90s the weekend. Big news in the Windy City. Turns out we haven't hit the 90s in over a month. Global warming? Does this indicate another subzero winter? What does it mean?!

Well, it's almost 10:30, which means brownie time.

No comments: