A part of me hopes I have distracted you from the soapbox-ery, but I know my readers are sharper than that! So until I am type-ready to rant, I'll share with you the splendors of visiting God's Country (aka Wisconsin for those of who who are not familiar with The Great White North). This is the birthday weekend for my dad, so the hubs and I ventured north for the weekend. I'll tell you, visiting WI is a lot more fun when it is not frigid and covered in snow. RJB and I were able to take in a half round of golf and sit outside quite a bit. Of course we also got to see my parents and their new puppy, Belle, who is a little lover! Apart from the fact that both IL and WI are trying to keep residents from going across the state line with the elaborate construction on 94, it was good times.
A few random updates for those wanting to be in the know:
- RJB and I are 2.5 months in to marriage. Feels much longer than that (in a good way), and things are going well.
- RJB's marathon training is going well. He is running Chicago on October 11. He is keeping up with his training schedule and is faithfully going to his 6am Saturday group runs.
- My running group is going well. I think it is helping me learn to pace properly and stay consistent. While I have not met a gaggle of women to chill with, it is getting me out of the house at night independently.
- Work is going well. Partners are pleased to have me as part of their team and I think people like working with me. No tears yet (from my team, not me... my rule is that there is no crying in public accounting) but a frantic and daunting busy season is approaching. 9/15 will not be pleasant.
- Lots of travel is in our future - October = Tallahassee for a wedding, November = Beantown, December = Beaumont for a wedding. Good times.
- Sylvester is doing well. Hides under the bed a bit more than he did in Dallas. He hides and pounces on our feet when we walk by. I guess not having mockingbirds to stalk through windows, he has to do something!
- Name change update - I WILL change my name professionally, socially, and legally. However, with said busy season coming and the aforementioned trips, I will not be able to do so until after the December wedding (FYI, not only do I need to do the name change, but I have to apply for IL plates and driver's license so the change will involve at least a day of red tape. Plus I got the Beantown ticket under P instead of B so I am stuck. Boo.)
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment