Sunday, January 11, 2009

Changing attitudes as fast as B.F. Pinkerton

My, my what an uninteresting first week of 2009 it has been. Well, except for Friday night. Friday night was fabulous. For my birthday, RJB got me tickets to see Madame Butterfly, my favorite opera. The tickets were for the 9th. We had an early dinner across from the opera house before hand and then saw the show. It was amazing. Madame Butterfly is quite the heartbreaking tale.

Since then it has been snowing a lot. I am rather done with the snow but know I have entered the dark days of winter. No major holidays to look forward to and the time period when it can get really truly cold. I know in my heart of hearts that the spring and summer will be worth it.

Walking home after being downtown Saturday morning.  This is a shot one block from my building. Note the unplowed sidewalks and street. Do Not Enter indeed.


Looking up the cross street.



RJB and I signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle already. It is a HUGE 8k - the field is a little over 30,000. It occurs at the end of March and kicks off the warm weather racing season in Chicago. I have a goal to take about a minute of so off my Turkey Trot 8k time. I have an 8 week running plan in order (thanks Hal!) that will start in concert with busy season - February 1. 

This week should fly by. Tuesday night I head out to the Q center. I am doing the sub K section for the first year training on Wednesday.  This will be the true test of the Garmin. In fact, I am not even nervous about the lengthy drive. Then on Thursday we meet with our wedding priest for the first time.  This weekend is RJB's birthday weekend. We are hitting Roy's on Saturday. Sunday I will bake and cook a special dinner. Yay! So hopefully it will be a productive, quick week. I know, this seems in opposition to normal Sunday night blues. I am trying to be a little more positive Sunday nights, especially with busy season approaching!  Oh, and did I mention Big Love starts again on Sunday! Yay to Sunday night cook and HBO!

Ok, off to get ready for the week. Peace out.


No comments: