Sunday, August 8, 2010

Heaven on Fifth

RJB and I moved in to our new home last week. Everything went fairly well - movers arrived timely, Comcast guy arrived "early" and got us up and running, neighbors in the building are nice...so far so good.  Packing was an adventure. I've never packed and moved with someone before (college doesn't really count as there is very little common property).   RJB and I have a very different opinions around packing fragile items and glass. I am pro bubble wrap, RJB is pro brown paper.  However, I let go of control just a bit but not without mentioning that RJB would buy me new kitchen stuff if anything breaks (nothing is broken of which we are currently aware).

We have already had our new homeowner hazing. Our A/C conveniently broke, meaning the last four days it has been in the 80's inside our crib.  It was quite the hit to the pocketbook, though fortunately the closing costs were much less than we budgeted for, so while it hurt, we can recover soon.

Enjoy the photos! I can't wait to be officially settled in with furniture it its place!


Kitchen with room for a table - finally! Now we just need to buy one.


Living room - plus a nook for RJB's desk - and as you can 
see, we already have cat toys out.  To the right is the fireplace.


Master bedroom - needs painting and new window treatments


The infamous "second bedroom"


Our porch


Yes, No. 10 made it. 

No comments: