I'm not sure about yall, but when July rolls around there is a lot of excitement in the B household for le Tour de France. Dedicated watchers. Provides me with more mental gusto to think "viva le tour!" when I see an idiot on the bike path in a sponsor jersey (sky or saxo bank, anyone?) speeding past so fast you feel the whoosh! Sadly neither Lance nor Schleck won. :(
Nonetheless, I finally ran my first "race" of 2010. For me, not so much racing as an organized run since I am in no way actually racing. I once again did the women's run and it was the best organized run I've completed. Ever. And to celebrate, I then took a week off of running. Sabotage! However RJB and I are heading up to Madison next month for a race (5K for me, half for him) so at least I have some motivation to keep in shape. And yes, August - in the throes of busy season! See, trying to live that work-life balance. No pictures to share of the women's run which is probably a good thing. Promise I will start posting more photos soon - those are what make blogs fun after all!
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment