Holy rain! I think it has rained about 3 times a week every week of June (though apparently per weather.com, we've only had 4.48 inches of rain, right about average...really?). I'm getting a little tired of it, plus I can't sport my open toe shoes when it is raining. Woe is me, right?
On Friday, we had quite the storm blow in from Iowa. Apparently Iowa saw hurricane force winds, some tornados spun out, and the storm was due to hit Chicago during rush hour. For the first time since I arrived to the city, the building sent a notice to the tenants warning of impending doom. Well, the storm came and went. It was cool, quick, and didn't seem quite as bad as our Corn Belt friends to the west had it. However, I did see on my Saturday run downed trees near Major Daley's house. Good thing Johnny who sits in his car outside the Mayor's home all day didn't break a sweat moving branches off the sidewalk.
Since I slacked and took Friday off, I was able to take these pictures from our apartment. Pretty dark for 4:30pm.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment