Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rally Sons of Notre Dame

RJB and I headed back to campus this past weekend. For me, it was the first warm weather game I've attended in several (6 maybe?) years. What a difference it makes! We had a good time and the team won, so goodness all around. However. Yes, there is a however. Campus is a-changing my Irish loving friends. Two more dorms (one named Ryan Hall - funny because of Ryan and funny because Ryan Hall happens to be one of the best US marathon runners around these days), new performance hall, new law school (in the same place as the old one?), new faculty hall, new athletic facilities, roads that once existed are no longer there..... It is amazing, how eight years after graduating (for RJB, 7 since he is a Double Domer) campus can change so quickly. Is it for the better? Who knows. Nothing I am ready to discuss at this point.

Since RJB and I weren't freezing during our football venture, we did take the time to walk campus and reminisce about "the good ole days". And let me tell ya, the college days really were some of the best years of my life. It is scary how quickly some memories fade (e.g., names of bars or haute eateries) or the years begin to fade into one another. At the same time, some memories are so clear it is as though the event just occurred.

It is also so odd going down memory lane with RJB. See, we did know of each other in school but didn't really know each other (undergrad class is actually quite small at ND). Our dorms were so close - his was the closest men's dorm to mine - and I knew of some of his Keenan boys, yet our circles never crossed hard enough to allow us to take pause of each other. Maybe for the best? Clearly hindsight is 20-20, but man, knowing that I was sitting in class, attending SYRs, and eating in North Dining Hall not knowing that my future husband was there too is just plain craziness!!! How lucky am I?

Enjoy the photos. WE! ARE! N! D!

Tee hee hee....we think Ryan Hall
is a women's dorm.


Hesburgh Library
(aka Touchdown Jesus)


Inside the Main Building looking
up under the Golden Dome


Back door of Keenan


Pregame show


Irish Guard






Basilica of the Sacred Heart


1 comment:

The Mills Gang said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! Pretty campus!