The big wedding is almost upon me. Today, I dropped off new eyeglasses frames to get lenses and was told they would be ready next week. Then I realized, all of a sudden, that I am getting married next week. Next. Week. Holy cow.
Things have been set at the normal level of mania. Busy season publicly ended on April 15 (though insiders of public accounting know that the lull no longer happens), I had my BFF ADF in town that weekend (bridal shower), the following weekend I took off for Dallas (bachelorette party), and the weekend that just passed was wedding prep mania. Sigh. It is all very exciting but time is flying. FLYING. Perhaps this is what people mean then they say they don't remember anything from their wedding day.
Let's reflect on that - how sad to think that people don't remember such an important day of their lives. Especially one that people generally plan months in advance. I sincerely hope that does not happen for us. I hope that having the wedding ceremony is in the morning and the reception in the early evening helps slow the pace a bit. I suppose time will tell!
I have also been rather surprised by the number of people who are surprised that I am dropping P and picking up B for my name. I've gotten so many surprised looks that I am almost considering doing the JPB rather than JMB. But I truly love the middle name. Hmmm...I read on another blog that a woman said she wished "nee" was used more often. Perhaps I can bring that back in my own archaic way. JMB nee P. hmmm...has a ring to it! I will have to try that on my work email signature; see what response I get from that!
Hope you enjoy all the photos!
1 comment:
Note I will add the "nee P" on the work email once I do offically make the name change.
Post a Comment