Monday, February 2, 2009

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

I did it. And now I have a problem. Severe, no, problem, yes. On the computer more than usual. Dreaming segmented ADD-type dreams. Thinking about it at work. Excited to get home later to check what people are up to. Yes. I did it. I joined Facebook.

If you recall, I started the blog with a post about not wanting to be involved in such site, online voyeurism, if you will (though minus the creepy sexual part). It all started with my buddy Georgie noted I was not going the extra degree by joining the cool kids on Facebook. Then when I requested a home email from another friend, she said, 'personal email?! you crazy. you can contact me on Facebook!'. Then a follow up with RJB and Georgie...this isn't for school kiddos? Apparently not. So I took the plunge. Only after discussing with RJB that surely I can just cancel my membership if I get no virtual friends or get creeped out. But alas, day 3 has passed and I'm hooked. Beware, gentle reader, of the lure of Facebook.

No comments: